Macaroni & Two Cheeses
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We kicked up a classic side dish by adding in two different kinds of cheeses. You'll love the creamy flavor from the Havarti and the crunchy topping thanks to the butter crackers in our Macaroni & Two Cheeses recipe!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Havarti cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 pound mini penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 16 round butter-flavored crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, mix both cheeses together; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3/4 of cheese and the pasta; mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish, then top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with crushed crackers.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 751
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 23g 116 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 30g 61 %
- Cholesterol 105mg 35 %
- Sodium 1,092mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 7.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!