New Twist Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got a '50s comfort food mixed with a today twist. What's the twist? Here's a hint...it's the salsa! You've gotta try our New Twist Macaroni and Cheese.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (16-ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, egg whites, salsa, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add Cheddar cheese and mix well. Add macaroni and toss until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
For a little added color, sprinkle on 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes along with the Parmesan.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 578
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 30g 59 %
- Cholesterol 58mg 19 %
- Sodium 923mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.