We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The only strange thing about Pasta Pizza is the name. It's colorful, tasty, and so easy, 'cause everything gets layered just like regular pizza, but over a pasta "crust" instead of pizza dough.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or other medium pasta shape
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups any combination of chopped fresh vegetables, like celery, onions, red and green bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, spinach, or parsley
- 1/2 cup canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 6 pitted ripe olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just underdone; drain.
- Place pasta in prepared baking pan; toss with Italian seasoning, garlic, crushed red pepper, tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour tomatoes over the top then layer remaining ingredients, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.