Pasta with Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Without a heavy sauce or cream, this easy mushroom pasta is the perfect healthy mushroom pasta recipe you've been looking for. Now, you can throw together an easy restaurant-fancy pasta dish in no time. Our recipe for Pasta with Mushrooms pairs stuffed tortellini pasta with a light sauce and mushrooms, for a perfect vegetarian pasta recipe that will still fill you up. For even more vegetarian recipes that will fill you up, check out our full collection of 75+ Easy Vegetarian Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps (about 6 ounces), sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms and saute 4 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon basil, and the pepper to skillet; mix well.
- Serve tortellini topped with sauteed mushrooms and sprinkled with remaining 1 tablespoon basil.
- Time-Saving Tip: Let kitchen scissors save you work and time. Simply snip the fresh basil for this recipe (and other herbs for other recipes) with kitchen shears instead of chopping them.
- For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 35 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!