Penne with Parsley Pesto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How can you go wrong with this mouthwatering penne pasta dish thats chock-full of healthy ingredients, including a homemade parsley pesto?! I like to use a whole grain pasta for this one to really make it a good-for-em dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Return pasta to cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the parsley, yogurt, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until thoroughly mixed; pour over pasta.
- Add chicken broth and roasted peppers; mix well and warm over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 616
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 709mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 96g 32 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.