Penne with Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Penne with Veggies is a healthy pasta option chock-full of fresh taste! What makes it extra-special is that it cooks up in less time than it would take to order take-out. And the taste? As they say in Italy, "Molto Bene!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic, onion, carrots, broccoli, and yellow pepper for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in marinara sauce, salt, crushed red pepper, and spinach; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss pasta with sauce mixture and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of www.dreamfieldsfoods.com.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 528
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 7.4mg 2 %
- Sodium 997mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.9g 35 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!