Perfect Pesto Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve it hot or cold this is a winning pasta dish. Our Perfect Pesto Pasta gets its light, summery fresh taste from ingredients like kale, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Plus, this pasta is a beautiful, bright green, that makes it perfect for serving to company!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add kale and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place kale in food processor, add remaining oil, the pine nuts, garlic, basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add kale pesto and tomatoes to pasta, and toss gently until evenly coated. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve.
Want some more ways to enjoy delicious pesto? Try these!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 712
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44g 68 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 538mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 65g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.