Sicilian Linguine and Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Even if you don't consider yourself an eggplant-lover, we recommend trying our Sicilian Linguine and Eggplant. It's flavor-packed and sure to change your mind one taste bud at a time!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into -inch chunks (see Note)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook and drain the linguine according to the package directions. Place the linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute the eggplant for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and linguine, and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
If you prefer, go ahead and peel the eggplant before cutting them into chunks.