We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't decide if the gang would rather have pasta or rice with dinner tonight? Don't worry...with Spaghetti Rice, now they can have both!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons oil; add mushrooms and onion, and saute until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium-low heat; brown spaghetti. (Be careful -- it browns quickly.) Remove saucepan from heat and add mushrooms and onions back into pan. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 more minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- If you're looking for a good make-ahead side dish, this is the one, 'cause Spaghetti Rice freezes well.
- Another favorite side dish that goes well with so many main dishes is our Zucchini Rice -- give it a try!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!