Spicy Mac and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Spicy Mac and Cheese is perfect as a side dish, or a sassy main dish any night of the week! It's full off all your favorite cheesy flavor, but we've added some chopped green chilies, to give it a bit of a kick. It's a bold taste that the whole family will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except corn chips; mix well then pour into prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with corn chips.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly, and the top is golden.
Test Kitchen Tip
- You can make this ahead of time by following the directions through Step 3, without adding the corn chips. Cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. Add the corn chips and bake just before serving.
- If you love our Spicy Mac and Cheese recipe, check out our collection of Best Mac and Cheese Recipes! It's got a hearty recipe for every occasion, from everyday dinner to church potlucks.
- For more recipes that have a bit of a kick, try our Alabama Fire Crackers, Egg Salad with a Kick, or these yummy Jalapeno Chili Cheese Fries.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more comfort food recipes, check out our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 795
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 43g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 23g 115 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 39g 78 %
- Cholesterol 202mg 67 %
- Sodium 1,020mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 6.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!