We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a hearty, flavor-packed meal in one pot, you've found it! With broccoli, beans, sausage and pasta, what more could you ask for than Spicy Rigatoni?
What You'll Need
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound hot Italian pork sausage, casings removed (see Option)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, then set aside in colander.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and add sausage and onion; saute 12 to 15 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender. Add beans, broccoli, broth, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Add pasta and cook until warmed through and well combined with the sauce.
- For a lighter version, substitute turkey sausage for the hot Italian pork sausage.
- Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!