Totally Loaded Mac & Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We made our Totally Loaded Mac & Cheese because we can't get enough of these flavors! Sour cream, bacon, and scallions make this easy mac and cheese recipe taste like the very best of summer. Warm, creamy, and loaded with cheese, our Totally Loaded Mac & Cheese is...well...totally delicious.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Sour cream for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse macaroni then return to pot. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat; add cheeses and stir until melted. Pour cheese mixture over macaroni; mix well then pour into baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve Totally Loaded Mac & Cheese topped with bacon, scallions and sour cream.
Check This Out!
- Everyone loves mac and cheese! Try our Award-Winning Mac 'n' Cheese, our Fried Mac 'n' Cheese Balls, or any of our Best Mac and Cheese Recipes!
- For more loaded recipes, try our Loaded Baked Potato Salad or our Make-You-Own Potato Skins Bar.
- Try one of our Easy Lasagna Recipes for more hearty pasta dinner options!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!