We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 5 dozen rugelach
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
These bite-sized, rolled-up, pastry-style cookies have a deliciously fruity filling that makes 'em the perfect go-along with a cup of your favorite tea. Simple and sweet our Apricot Rugelach are a great treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, softened but not melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups apricot preserves, divided
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour. Add ice cream and work it into mixture with your hands. (Add more flour, if necessary, to make dough easier to handle.) Cover and refrigerate dough overnight. (It will become hard.)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup mixture onto a clean, smooth surface. Separate dough into 5 equal pieces. Place one piece of dough on the sugar-nut mixture and refrigerate remaining pieces of dough until ready to use. Roll out dough with a lightly floured rolling pin to form a circle 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Spread 1/4 cup of apricot preserves over the rolled dough,then cut dough into 12 to 14 small wedges. Starting at wide end, roll up dough and place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat entire process, placing more sugar-nut mixture on the smooth surface each time before rolling out dough.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until bottoms turn golden.
Make these a little different every time! All you have to do is change up the fruit flavor of your preserves.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.0g 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.0mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Experience some of your favorite Mediterranean flavors with our recipe for Mediterranean Kale Bread. This moist, homemade bread is full of the flavorful tastes of olive oil and feta cheese, making it a super company-fancy choice for your bread basket.