We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think that tortillas are good only for making fajitas and soft tacos, think again...while you're enjoying this crispy sweet treat!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 10 six-inch flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking (375 degree F. in an electric skillet). Fry several tortilla quarters for 30 to 40 seconds, or until crisp and golden brown, turning halfway through the frying. Drain on paper towels and, while still warm, sprinkle with the sugar mixture.
- Fry the remaining tortillas and sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
For an out-of-this-world sundae, place several sugared quarters on a plate, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with walnuts.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!