Cherry Kuchen Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a sweet way to celebrate German culture with your gang? Bake up a batch of our Cherry Kuchen Bars! These German-inspired dessert bars will have everyone going back for more, and wondering what other German treats you'll cook up for them next time!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Reserve 1-1/2 cups of dough; set aside. Spread remaining dough in a 15- x 10- x 1-inch baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread pie filling over crust. Spoon reserved dough in small mounds on top of pie filling.
- Continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is lightly golden. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Check This Out!
- Want to serve up a complete German-style dinner before serving this easy pastry recipe? Check out our collection of Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss!
- For more pastry goodness, check out our Apple Puff Pastry Pies, our Mardi Gras Beignets, or our Texas Sticky Buns.
- Love cherry desserts? Make our Skillet Cherry Cobbler, our Double Cherry Turnovers or, our Sweet Cherry Thing.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 431
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 8.7g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 253mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 5 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %