Cranberry Hot Cross Buns
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hot Cross Buns are one sweet Easter tradition. Our easy recipe for baking your own bakery-style Cranberry Hot Cross Buns is a twist on the traditional raisin variety, and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
What You'll Need
- 18 frozen dinner roll dough balls, thawed but still cold (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
What to Do
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using your fingers, press each dough ball into a flat circle, about 2 inches wide. Place a heaping teaspoon of cranberries in center of dough circle; bring edges together and pinch tightly to close. Shape into a round roll and place on baking sheet; repeat with remaining dough. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wrap from rolls.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth. Spoon into a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small corner off bag and make a cross with glaze on each bun. Let glaze harden then serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
- If you can't find this dough in your supermarket freezer case, you can use 2 (1-pound) packages frozen bread dough; just thaw and cut each into 9 pieces.
- Here's another option for your bread basket -- try our Bacon Pinwheel Rolls for another tasty treat!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!