Cream Puff Ring
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Our bottomless version of the famous French dessert known as the Gateau Saint-Honore is easy to whip up right at home. This Cream Puff Ring may look super fancy, but it's actually really easy to make and tastes like a dream!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add 1 egg to mixture and beat with the wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When dough is smooth, spoon out 1/4 cup at a time, and place puffs on the outside edge of an ungreased 10-inch pizza pan, forming a ring. Each puff should press against the one next to it so they are all connected.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Cool on pizza pan on a wire rack. Using a sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off top of each cream puff; reserve tops. Using your finger, make a small hole in each cream puff.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix and milk; mix well. Add whipped topping and mix until thoroughly combined. Evenly spoon chocolate mixture into hole of each cream puff. Place tops back on and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- You can also make these as individual cream puffs. Just spoon the mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet so that the edges are not touching. When finished baking and completely cooled, cut each puff in half horizontally and proceed as above.
- To make a scrumptious chocolate glaze, in a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/3 cup water, and 1/2 ounce (1/2 square) unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened, bubbly and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and drizzle over the cream puff ring before refrigerating.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 184
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 88mg 29 %
- Sodium 268mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 7.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".