We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our version of this extra special French pastry, is simple and delicious. These light puffs filled with airy cream are great to make, and take. Creme-Filled Eclairs pair perfectly with a steamin' hot cup of coffee!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
- Add 1 egg to mixture and beat hard with wooden spoon to blend. Add remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; each egg must be completely blended before the next egg is added. While beating dough, its consistency will change from looking almost curdled to smooth. When dough is smooth, spoon it into a large resealable plastic storage bag and, using scissors, snip off one corner of bag, making a 1-inch-wide cut. Gently squeeze bag to form ten 1- x 4-inch dough logs about 2 inches apart on an ungreased large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut eclair shells horizontally in half and spread whipped topping equally into bottom of each. Replace tops of eclair shells.
- Meanwhile, place frosting in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, stopping to stir frequently, until it has the text of lightly whipped cream, about 30 to 45 seconds. Pour melted frosting over eclairs. Cover loosely and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 430
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 4.4g 9 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 251mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!