Lemon Whoopie Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lemon Whoopie Pies are a spin on your favorite classic Amish dessert recipe. This is one recipe that everyone will want more of!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, at least 3-inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and lemon zest until fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time until smooth.
- Turn half the cooled cakes over onto their rounded sides and spread a dollop of filling over them. Place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling, forming sandwiches. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 453
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 342mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!