Light and Easy Crepes Suzette
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 crepes
- 12 Min
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
We used to make Crepes Suzette that were really rich and heavy. Sure, they were good, but we guess after a big meal that isn't really the most satisfying type of dessert. So we came up with this light and easy version. They've got the same big taste, but without that heavy "fill-you-up, weigh-you-down" feeling.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat flour, milk, egg substitute, 1 tablespoon oil, granulated sugar, and salt until smooth.
- Lightly brush a small skillet with additional oil then heat over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet, tilting skillet to evenly coat bottom with batter; cook 1 minute per side, or until edges are brown. Remove to a baking sheet, cover loosely with aluminum foil and keep warm in a 200-degree F oven until ready to serve.
- Continue with remaining batter, brushing skillet with oil as needed.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of orange juice. In a small saucepan, combine remaining orange juice, brown sugar, and butter over low heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved 2 tablespoons orange juice and cornstarch; mix well. Stir into saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Fold each crepe in half, then in half again and spoon orange sauce over top. Serve immediately.
Now, for anybody who's not concerned with lightening up, here's where the light part goes out the window: If you want, you can top the crepe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, and then spoon the orange sauce over that. Or you can even place a scoop of ice cream on the open crepe and roll it up, then top with the sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 143
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 4.3mg 1 %
- Sodium 87mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.