We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're leaving the homemade puff pastry to the pastry chefs and using a shortcut to make these super simple Overstuffed Napoleons. This classic, bakery-style delight is creamy, rich, and an all-time favorite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Bake the puff pastry sheets according to the package directions; remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk. Whisk until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over 1 layer of puff pastry. Place the other puff pastry flat side up over the pudding.
- Using a cookie sheet, press down lightly to evenly distribute the pudding and flatten the pastry just until the filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze in a small bowl; spread the remaining glaze over the top of the napoleon.
- Stir the cocoa into the reserved glaze; mix well. Drizzle over the glazed napoleon and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Carefully cut into serving-sized pieces with a serrated knife.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 324
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 8.6g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.2g 8 %
- Cholesterol 2.9mg 1 %
- Sodium 222mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!