Strawberry "Cream" Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
There's something extra-special about these Strawberry "Cream" Puffs and it can only be described by taking a bite for yourself. Light, luscious, and creamy, these cream puffs are a pastry delight!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup strawberry ice cream topping plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition. When dough is smooth, spoon 12 mounds about 1/4 cup each onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping and strawberry ice cream topping; gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off top of each cream puff and reserve top. Fill each puff with equal amounts of strawberry mixture, garnish with a few strawberry slices, and replace tops. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, drizzle with strawberry ice cream topping and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 237
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 112mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"