Apple Puff Pastry Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you want the taste of a classic warm apple pie without the fuss and muss of making a giant pie from scratch, our Apple Puff Pastry Pies are the perfect solution! Made with that oh-so-good apple pie taste, this recipe packs a ton of flavor in a small package that you have to try! Our Apple Puff Pastry Pies are easy to make, and even easier to enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/3 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute apple for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, unroll both pieces of pie dough onto a cutting board. Using a 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut 9 circles from each piece of dough. Place the 9 dough circles on baking sheet.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar, the flour, and cinnamon to the apples; mix well. Place about 1 tablespoon of apple mixture onto the center of each piece of dough laid on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush edges of dough with egg wash. Place remaining dough circles over filling and seal edges by pressing together with a fork dipped in egg wash. With a paring knife, cut a small slit in the top of each hand pie. Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 247
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 34mg 11 %
- Sodium 261mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 8.4g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.