Apple Pie on the Grill
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Grilling is certainly American, and so is apple pie. Team them together for our super-patriotic dessert Apple Pie on the Grill.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups peeled, thinly sliced baking apples (about 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 single-serving graham cracker tart shells
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. In a large cast iron or other heavy skillet with a heat-proof handle, melt butter and saute apple until almost tender.
- In a small bowl, combine both sugars, the crushed ginger snaps, cinnamon, and cornstarch; sprinkle mixture over apples. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until a thick dark sauce forms. (Depending on the juiciness of the apples, 1 to 2 teaspoons of water may need to be stirred in to thin the sauce.)
- Remove mixture from heat and spoon into tart shells. Serve warm, or chill until ready to use.
When removing the skillet from the heat, use a pot holder and be careful because the handle gets mighty hot. These "pies" can be served plain or topped with whipped cream or scoops of frozen yogurt, custard, or ice cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.