Banana Crunch Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to be the hit at all the parties? Then make our Banana Crunch Pie and listen to the rave reviews. It's great as is or served with whipped topping.
What You'll Need
- 5 1/3 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium-sized bananas
What to Do
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in sugar and cinnamon, if desired, and cook until bubbles form. Remove from heat and stir in the crumbs. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate; chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; blend in sweetened condensed milk. Add 1/3 cup lemon juice and the vanilla (see Note); stir until smooth and thick.
- Cut 3 of the bananas into thin slices then line bottom of chilled crust with banana slices. Turn filling into crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or until firm.
- Cut remaining 2 bananas into thin slices; dip slices in remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Arrange banana slices over top of pie.
- Be sure to use exactly 1/3 cup lemon juice in the filling.
- Looking for more great sweet desserts? Check out our collection of Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk.
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.