Cheddar Crumb Topped Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are lots of folks who believe that an "apple pie without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze!" Well, it turns out they really know what they're talking about. A bit of Cheddar really goes a long way to bringing out the flavors in our Cheddar Crumb Topped Apple Pie!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 to 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 stick (2 tablespoons) butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, the cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Add apples and toss gently until evenly coated. Place apple mixture in crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, remaining flour, and the butter; mix until crumbly. Stir in cheese then sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool, then serve.
For all you cheddar cheese lovers, we highly recommend our Cheddar Cheese Football Spread, whether you're watching the game or just have friends over!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 471
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 5.8g 12 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 354mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 71g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.