Chocolate Meringue Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Talk about the best of both worlds! Here's our Chocolate Meringue Pie, a luscious combination of chocolate pudding filling with a meringue topping in one amazing pie.
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (.25 ounces) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What to Do
- Bake pie shell according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; mix well. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and hot water and beat with a fork until completely dissolved. Add to pudding mixture; mix well. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Preheat oven to Hi Broil.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over top of pie filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Using a spatula, form peaks in meringue, and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool 10 minutes, then refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, or until pie is firm.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.