Coconut Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
When it comes to classic pie recipes, you just can't forget about the Coconut Cream Pie. This dreamy dessert features a luscious tropical filling that gets topped with a layer of creamy whipped topping. One slice is all you need to feel like you're in dessert heaven.
What You'll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Unroll 1 pie crust, press into 9-inch pie plate, and flute edges. Bake pie shell according to package directions; let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together remaining ingredients except whipped topping. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened. Pour into pie shell.
- Chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle your pie with 1/4 cup toasted coconut to give it a nice golden-topped finished appearance. (And if you're looking for a stunning pie plate to bake it in - like the one we've used - be sure to check our bakeware collection!)
- If you liked this coconut cream pie dessert recipe, we know you'll love our Coconut Cream Pie Trifle. Or you can check out our coconut recipe collection, Unforgettable Coconut Desserts: 33 Recipes with Coconut.
- Plus, find more of those cream pie recipes you crave with our collection of Top 5 Favorite Cream Pies.
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 302
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.8g 14 %
- Cholesterol 90mg 30 %
- Sodium 181mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.