Dave's Dad's Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Growing up, Dave's dad always made the best apple pie during the summer holidays, and now you're lucky enough to get in on the secret. Your Fourth of July cookout is going to have a dessert that's as all-American as you are! Not even fireworks can hold a candle to this easy apple pie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 teaspoon for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 5 to 6 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cold water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cornstarch, and salt. Add apples; toss until evenly coated.
- Place 1 pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly against plate. Pour apple mixture into pie crust. Place pieces of butter on top of apple mixture, then place remaining pie crust over top. Trim and pinch edges together to seal. With a knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top of crust.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water together. Crust over top of crust, and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check This Out!
- For more festive desserts, try our Patriotic Sugar Cookies, our All-American Brookie Bars, or our Patriotic Poke Cake.
- We're firing up the grill, and you'll be glad we did when you taste our Five Napkin Burgers, our Grilled Hot Dogs, or our Grilled Corn on the Cob.
- Plus, be sure to check out the rest of our Fourth of July BBQ Menu!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 359
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 7.2g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 310mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)