Easy Key Lime Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
So you thought you'd have to travel to the Florida Keys to find this local specialty? Not anymore! With our recipe for Easy Key Lime Pie, you can whip up this dessert anytime right in your own kitchen.
What You'll Need
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup Key lime juice (see Note)
- 1 nine-inch graham cracker pie crust
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat egg yolks and grated lime peel 2 minutes, until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in lime juice just until combined. Pour filling into pie crust and bake about 10 minutes, until firm in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack, then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. This is best served very cold, so freeze it 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Go ahead and top this with whipped cream or whipped topping and garnish with fresh lime slices, if desired. If you can't find Key limes or Key lime juice, it's okay to substitute regular lime juice - the pie just won't be as tart.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 285
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.8g 12 %
- Cholesterol 86mg 29 %
- Sodium 509mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!