Easy Mississippi Mud Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that Mississippi Mud Pie is named after the muddy banks of the Mississippi river? Thankfully there's no real mud in this sinfully decadent dessert, just lots of ooey-gooey chocolate, nuts, and ice cream!
What You'll Need
- 1 quart of your favorite ice cream, softened to spreading consistency (coffee is the traditional flavor)
- 1 prepared 9-inch chocolate-flavored pie crust
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Chopped nuts for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Spoon softened ice cream into pie crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Top with whipped topping, drizzle with chocolate syrup and chopped nuts, if desired. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Slice and serve, or keep frozen until ready to use. Allow to thaw 5 to 10 minutes for easier slicing.
To soften the ice cream, break it up in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not let the ice cream reach the melting point.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 363
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 54mg 18 %
- Sodium 247mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!