Florida Frost Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A slice of this frosty pie inspired by the Sunshine State will surely cool things down when it's hot outside! Any flavor of sherbet-lime, raspberry, whichever's your favorite-works well in this pie. Just omit the orange rind if you use a flavor other than orange.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 gallon orange sherbet, softened
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients. Firmly press crumb mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine orange sherbet, lemon juice, and 1-1/2 teaspoons orange rind in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon sherbet mixture into prepared crust, mounding and swirling with a small spatula. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon orange rind. Freeze pie until firm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!