Frozen Turtle Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no reason we can't have a little fun with our food now and then. Cute little "creatures" are peeking out from all over this delightful Frozen Turtle Pie.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies and caramel sauce; mix well. Place half the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Use half the ice cream and place individual scoops over cookie mixture.
- Into each scoop of ice cream, place 2 pecan halves in the front and 2 pecan halves in back, making "legs," and 1 pecan half on top, making the "head" of a turtle. Sprinkle with one- fourth of the cookie mixture then top with additional scoops of ice cream and pecans, continuing in a pyramid shape until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
We like the flavor of chocolate ice cream in this pie but any flavor will do.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)