Lemon Chess Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Just wait until you dig your fork into this luscious, tangy, and buttery-lemon-filled Lemon Chess Pie. You're going to be adding a second piece to your plate before you've even finished your first!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat remaining ingredients until well mixed; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a crust forms over the top and turns golden brown. Let cool, then cover and chill 6 hours, or until firm.
- The pie will be a little loose when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up after chilling in the refrigerator. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- Making this pie to celebrate Pi-Day? Why not make a few more, too? Check out our collection of Easy Pie Recipes for more ideas!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!