Lemon Chess Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Just wait until you dig your fork into this luscious, tangy, and buttery-lemon-filled Lemon Chess Pie. You're going to be adding a second piece to your plate before you've even finished your first!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat remaining ingredients until well mixed; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a crust forms over the top and turns golden brown. Let cool, then cover and chill 6 hours, or until firm.
- The pie will be a little loose when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up after chilling in the refrigerator. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- Making this pie to celebrate Pi-Day? Why not make a few more, too? Check out our collection of Easy Pie Recipes for more ideas!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!