Lighter Key Lime Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can almost hear the ocean waves crashing against the shore. This tropical pie recipe is the budget-friendly way to head out on a quick vacation. We've even made a few adjustments so this Key Lime Pie recipe is much lighter than regular versions so you can help yourself to a second slice (or a third or a fourth).
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons grated Key Lime rind (about 2 limes; see note)
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice (see note)
- 1 (6-ounce) reduced-fat ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free whipping topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let pie cool completely; top with whipped topping. Garnish, if desired, with lime wedges or lime rind curls.
A Key lime is smaller and has a thinner skin than the Persian limes that are most often seen in the supermarkets. The Key lime also has a more tart flavor. Bottled juice is available in most stores if you can't find real Key limes. And feel free to substitute Persian limes if Key limes are not available.