Mom's Blueberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mom's Blueberry Pie recipe is unlike another other. Maybe it's because there's a lot of love that goes into the baking of this blueberry pie or maybe it's because Mom always serves each slice with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whatever it is, we would never think of passing on this tasty homemade dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pints (4 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg; mix well. Add blueberries, lemon juice, and butter and toss until blueberries are evenly coated. Spoon blueberry mixture into crust.
- Unroll remaining pie crust and, using a knife, cut into 10 (3/4-inch) wide strips. Place five strips, evenly spaced, across filling. Fold every other strip back half way. Take one of the remaining five strips and lay it across the pie, in the opposite direction; unfold the folded strips over this one. Now, fold back the strips that lie beneath this strip and lay your second strip across. Continue weave pattern, folding back every other strip each time you add a cross strip. Trim ends, press together with bottom pie crust, and flute. (see Note.)
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and blueberries have begun to bubble. Place on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature or refrigerated, with a scoop of ice cream. (see Note.)
- If you're feeling a little intimidated by the idea of making a lattice pie crust or you're just short on time, you can always just place the second pie crust on top, pinch the edges, and cut a few slits in it to let the steam escape while it's baking. Also, be sure to check out our video on How to Decorate Pie Crusts for some simple ideas!
- We've found that it's easiest to cut this pie when it's been chilled.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 483
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 19g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 8.0g 40 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 365mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 82g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14 %
- Sugars 38g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.