Polka Dot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Polka dots are always in style when they taste this good! Check out our secret to making polka dots on the top crust of this yummy cherry pie.
What You'll Need
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) package folded refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pie crust; mix well. Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing the crust firmly into the plate. Spoon the cherry mixture into the crust.
- Place the remaining pie crust on a work surface and, using a 1-inch round cookie cutter, cut fifteen circles from the center, forming "polka dots," leaving a 1-inch border around the edge (see Note). Place the crust over the cherry mixture. Pinch together and trim the edges to seal, then flute, if desired.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly. Let cool before serving.
Instead of using a cookie cutter, you can use the plastic cap of a soda bottle to cut out the polka dots -- it's the right size and it works great. Serve this with vanilla ice cream and they'll beg for seconds!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.