Sugar Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're from Indiana, then you might be familiar with a version of a sugar cream pie, and you already know how good it is! Well, our Sugar Cream Pie recipe is super simple and full of those classic cinnamon and nutmeg flavors that made this pie a state specialty.
What You'll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce box)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, and salt. Add heavy cream, half-and-half, and vanilla; stir until well mixed. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set; let cool. In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pie before serving.
If you love cream pies as much as we do, enjoy our collection of them!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 557
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 87 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 438mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!