The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
"Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More
Summer Citrus "Pie"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr 20 Min
This Summer Citrus "Pie" is a citrus dessert that's kind of like a crustless pie. It's so different and yummy, we had to share it with you.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Gradually stir in half-and-half and vanilla. Add sour cream; mix well. (Mixture will appear curdled.) Chill for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- With an electric beater, beat until mixture is smooth then stir in strawberries and grated lemon peel. Pour into a 9-inch pie plate, cover, and chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
Jul 24, 2011
I used fat free sour cream, sugar free gelatin and fat free half-and-half for a really good and low calorie dessert.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.