Tart Cherry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you dig your fork into a slice of our Tart Cherry Pie, you're going to have a hard time resisting gobbling up the whole pie. But the best part about this cherry pie recipe is how easy it is to make!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package folded refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pitted tart red cherries in water, drained with 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly against plate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook reserved 1/4 cup cherry liquid, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and red food color over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in cherries and pour into pie crust.
- Unfold second pie crust and place over mixture. Trim and pinch edges together to seal and flute, if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in the top. Place pie on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow to cool slightly, then serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Nothing beats cherry pie a la mode, so you've gotta serve this with some vanilla ice cream for a dessert they won't soon forget.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 467
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 5.4g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 281mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 91g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 56g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.