Three Layer Italian Cheese Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Who says pies can't have cheese? Our Italian Cheese Pie gets its rich and creamy texture from ricotta cheese combined with delicious lemon flavors. It's a winning combination that'll make anyone say, "Mamma Mia!"
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, ricotta cheese, and lemon peel until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until filling is set and edges are golden. Let cool.
- Evenly spread lemon curd on top of pie.
- Chill 4 hours, or until ready to serve. Dollop with whipped cream.
- For an extra special touch, garnish with fresh raspberries or your favorite fruit.
- Don't worry if the center of the pie falls slightly after you take it out of the oven...mine usually does, and it still tastes great!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.