Zesty Summer Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What does summer taste like? Find out when you take a bite of this lemony, Zesty Summer Pie that gets its smooth, light texture from whipped cottage cheese and its "ooh la la" from its raspberry-nut topping!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves, melted
- 1 tablespoon blanched almonds, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine cottage cheese, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake 7 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. and bake the pie an additional 55 to 65 minutes, until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spread melted raspberry preserves over the top, then sprinkle with the chopped almonds.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 270
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 21 %
- Cholesterol 72mg 24 %
- Sodium 407mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.