Meat Lover's Pizza Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's double the meat in our Meat Lover's Pizza Bake! This easy pizza casserole is topped with pre-cooked sandwich steaks and meatballs, so you know it's going to bake up in no time. Add some cheese and your favorite pizza sauce and you've got a dinner the whole family will positively rave about.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 individual frozen sandwich steaks (see Note)
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 12 (1-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen meatballs, cut in half and thawed in microwave according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook onion, salt and pepper 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Place 2 steaks in skillet with onion and cook for 1 minute, turn over and cook for 1 more minute, or until browned, breaking apart into pieces with spatula. Repeat with remaining 2 steaks.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Line bottom of pizza dough with 6 slices mozzarella cheese. Evenly spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, toss meatballs with remaining 1/2 cup pizza sauce. Spoon meatballs onto dough and top with steak mixture. Bake for 12 minutes. Top with remaining 6 slices mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
We used Steak-Eze brand sandwich steaks and Rosina meatballs in the Test Kitchen and they were fantastic!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 638
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 37g 57 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 80 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 38g 75 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 1,313mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 6.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.