Mushroom 'n' Pesto Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Refrigerated pizza crust gives you a head start. And for a more smoky flavor and meaty texture, use 2 large Portobello mushroom caps that have been sliced instead of the button mushrooms. Either way, you've got a winner!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 6 fresh mozzarella cheese slices (6 ounces)
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Saut first 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal over an ungreased 10x15-inch rimmed baking pan; spread out pizza crust. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with mushroom mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees on bottom oven rack for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 258
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 25 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 698mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.