We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, Pizza Margherita is not named after the drink. It's actually a classic traditional Italian pizza recipe with fresh mozzarella that your whole gang will want to make part of their own tradition.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, patted dry and sliced 1/8-inch thick
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Using your fingertips or the heels of your hands, spread dough to cover bottom of prepared pan. Push dough out to edge of pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over dough then top with mozzarella slices.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Slice and serve.
For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.