Stuffed Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Stuffed Pizza Casserole is a great weeknight meal! Kids will love it and so will all the kids-at-heart at your table! It's a double-crusted hearty deep dish pizza chock full of a beef, Italian sausage and veggie filling that will have everyone begging for seconds!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza dough, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and ground beef 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, unroll 1 pizza dough, press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, top with 3/4 cup pizza sauce, spoon meat mixture evenly over sauce, and sprinkle with 1 more cup cheese. Unroll and place second pizza dough on top. Press bottom and top crust edges together to seal. Make a few small slits in top crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining pizza sauce over crust and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is browned.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.