Apricot Dijon Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love one skillet meals and this one is about as easy as it gets! As all the ingredients are simmered together in our Apricot Dijon Pork Chops, the pork becomes extra juicy and the rice and peppers are fully infused with flavor. In just 20 minutes you'll have an entire meal that's sweet, spicy, and a little tangy. It's delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepepr
What to Do
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat then brown pork chops about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove chops to a plate.
- Add broth, preserves, and mustard to skillet; mix well and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and bell pepper, reduce heat to low, and place pork chops back in skillet.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked to medium or to desired doneness, and rice is tender. Serve immediately.
Today's pork is very lean and shouldn't be overcooked. According to the Pork Council, the best test of doneness is to use an instant-read meat thermometer to check its internal temperature. They recommend cooking pork chops, roasts, and tenderloins to 160 degrees F, which leaves the center pink and juicy.