Baked Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thick and juicy, our Baked Pork Chops sure aim to please! We love cooking up this easy pork chop recipe in the oven because it's so much healthier for you than a fried version. Plus, its flavorful mix of ingredients ensures that this recipe is anything but bland. In fact, we think this easy pork chop recipe is worthy of a five-star restaurant's hall of fame.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, cut in half and sliced
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 (3/4-inch) center-cut pork loin chops (about 1 pounds total)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine oil, onions, and bay leaves.
- Place egg in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in egg then bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Place chops over onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until chops are cooked through. Be sure to remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Want even more tasty pork recipes? Then check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
- Our Country Corn Casserole would make a great side dish with this baked pork chop recipe!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.