Classic Barbecue Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stop slavin' over the grill, and let your slow cooker do the work! Your gang will think you're a BBQ genius once they taste these flavor-packed, tender Classic Barbecue Ribs.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
What to Do
- Cut ribs apart, if necessary, and trim excess fat; sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt evenly over ribs.
- Stir together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the onion, and remaining 9 ingredients until blended. Pour half of onion mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Place ribs in slow cooker, and pour remaining onion mixture over ribs.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 6 to 7 hours, or until ribs are tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!