Good Luck Pork and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Slow Cookers are super when you're too busy to stand watch over your stovetop. Well, our slow cooker recipe for old world-inspired Good Luck Pork and Cabbage, popular for good fortune in the new year, is sure to make your life in the kitchen easier.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork butt bottom roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, apples, onion, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Evenly sprinkle roast with remaining salt and the pepper. In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil and brown roast on all sides. Place roast in slow cooker over cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours, or until pork reaches 160 degrees on meat thermometer and is fork-tender.
- Feeling lucky? Our Quick Hopping John is the perfect recipe for you!
- Want even more tasty pork recipes? Then check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 218
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 15g 30 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 451mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.